Non-surgical cosmetic treatments can be highly effective for refreshing the skin, for subtle anti-aging and for rejuvenating the body. The Total Skin & Beauty Cosmetic and Aesthetic Center offers a range of services designed to improve your skin’s health and also help restore a youthful appearance. For decades, men and women of all ages and ethnicities have entrusted their cosmetic care needs to the hands of our talented and experienced aestheticians. Our staff is equipped to provide expert advice and recommendations for services and products for you based on your skin’s unique attributes and your skincare goals. We are able to offer a variety of the latest procedures to fit your personal style, your individual needs and your budget.
European Rejuvenation Facial
This treatment offers your aesthetician the maximum flexibility in the treatment room to design a treatment that will best bring balance back to your skin. Your reconditioning rendezvous will include personalized products and facial massage techniques chosen by your aesthetician to target your individual skin type: Normal/Dehydrated, Ultra-Dry/Alipoid, Sensitive, Prematurely-Aged/Hyperpigmented, Oily/Inflamed, Normal/Oily Congested.
- 90 min This session includes scalp, neck, shoulder, hand, & foot massage
- 60 min Our standard session
- 45 min A shorter session we like to call our “Mini Facial”
Teen Facial / Acne Facial
This extensive facial features exfoliation, deep pore extractions, and a custom deep-cleansing facial mask.
Men’s skin has special concerns. This treatment takes factors such as shaving habits, etc. into account to help prevent ingrown hairs and other skin problems unique to men.
This treatment is necessary to physically remove blackheads, whiteheads, or milia which are deeply imbedded under the skin. Extractions done by a trained aesthetician by loosening the pore opening and applying pressure with an extracting instrument will be less likely to cause scarring or damage to the skin that may occur when you try to remove them yourself. Extractions give a head start to your topical and oral medications by physically removing instantly what it might take a topical treatment several weeks to achieve. Milia are tiny white bumps on the skin, especially the face. They are often filled with keratin – a hard white substance. Unlike blackheads or whiteheads they do not have an opening on the surface of the skin. Sometimes they disappear on their own, but often they must be extracted.
Take a load off with our super-smoothing back treatment designed to rid muscles of stress, and your skin of impurities. A deep-cleansing scrub is followed by extractions, then an aromatherapy massage designed for your back’s most stressed-out parts.
Skin Freshening Peel
Skin is the largest organ of the body and the first line of defense from environmental aggressors. As we age, the natural exfoliation of dead, dull skin cells is slower and more haphazard. Our peel creates an even, controlled shedding of several layers of damaged cells. This exposes a new fresh layer of skin with a more even color and smoother texture. In addition, the peel stimulates new cells to grow, thereby tightening the skin, which decreases wrinkling. The Skin Freshening Peel is best when performed in conjunction with Microdermabrasion Treatments for many areas of the body. Recommended every three weeks.
Dermasweep MD Epi-Infusion
These treatments combine exfoliation with the delivery of skin specific topical solutions, which results in fresher feeling and better looking skin. A variable-level vacuum system along with an assortment of treatment tips gently exfoliate the skin. After the desired level of exfoliation is achieved, the same system is used to infuse skin specific topical solutions. Dermasweep MD epi-infusions can treat many skin conditions, such as hyperpigmentation, dehydration, acne and photo-damage. Beneficial to multiple skin types, this is an excellent treatment to jump start a new at-home topical skin care regimen.
- Dermasweep MD Epi-Infusion Acne Salicyclic Acid
- Dermasweep MD Epi-Infusion Hyaluronic Acid
- Dermasweep MD Epi-Infusion Vitamin C
- Dermasweep MD Epi-Infusion Calming
- Dermasweep MD Epi-Infusion Hyperpigmentation
Total Cosmetic and Aesthetic Center offers the luxury of laser hair reduction using the LightSheer System. All areas of the body can be hair-free without the sensitivity that comes with other depilatory products and services.
- Eyebrow Sculpting: waxing, tweezing, reshaping & trimming
- Eyebrow Maintenance
- Lip or Chin
- Full Face
- Arms: Half/Full
- Back: Half/Full
- Bikini Line: Basic
- Legs: Upper/Lower/Full
- Brow tint
- Lash tint
- The Wide-eyed Experience (includes Eyebrow Sculpting, Brow Tinting and Lash Tinting)
La Bella Donna is an all naturale complete makeup line made from cherished mineral pigments derived from rock that will give your skin beautiful colour and naturale looking coverage. It is a makeup that is healthy for your skin, allowing it to breathe (does not clog the pores), provides naturale sun protection and has incredible staying power.
- Healthy Minerals…heal, soothe, calm, do not irritate
- Covers, corrects, beautifies and protects
- Does not clog the pores
- For all ages and skin types
- Balances the moisture content in the skin. Balance is the key to great skin!
- The ingredients work synergistically to control oil in an oily skin (without drying out the skin) and hold moisture to a dry skin (without adding moisture)
- Ideal for all skin challenges – acne, oily, rosacea, melasma, eczema, psoriasis
- Ideal for sensitive, allergy-prone skin
- Highly pigmented: Superior coverage, lasts all day
- Lightweight feel, feels like you have nothing on
- Combats the signs of aging
- Light refractive quality immediately reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Micronized Titanium Dioxide – non-chemical sun block (SPF 20)
- Iron Oxides – the source of colour
- Bismuth Oxychloride – anti-inflammatory properties
- Zinc Oxide – anti-inflammatory properties
- Free of any FD&C dyes, oils, talc, alcohol, parabens, cornstarch, chemicals
We carry a wide assortment of skin care products. Each product has been carefully chosen by our doctors in order to best meet their patient’s needs. Many of the lines we offer contain advanced cosmeceutical grade ingredients and are sold exclusively by physicians. Our staff is experienced in helping you find the right skin care routine for you. Visit our Cosmetic Center or our online store to order!
Brands we currently carry include:
- CeraVe® [available in our pharmacy]
- Hampton Sun®
- La Bella Donna®
- Revision Skincare®
- SkinBetter Science®
- Total Skin & Beauty Product Line®
- Vanicream® [available in our pharmacy]
The Thermage procedure is a noninvasive treatment option used to improve skin laxity. It can smooth, tighten, and contour loose skin over time and has even shown benefits against the textural changes of cellulite. Because there is no surgery, laser or injections involved, the patient can return to work or normal activities immediately following the procedure.
How does Thermage work?
Radiofrequency energy is delivered into the skin via a small handheld device. The deeper collagen is heated while a unique cooling system protects the outer layer of skin. Patients may experience a brief sensation of intense heat during the individual pulses, but overall, the procedure is very well tolerated. Initial and immediate tightening can occur, although results are maximized 2 to 6 months following the procedure as the collagen rebuilds and causes the skin to tighten.
What are the benefits of Thermage?
- Single treatment: only one treatment session is necessary. Depending on one’s baseline skin condition and the continued aging process, results can last for years.
- Noninvasive and safe: there is little to no downtime and the long term safety of using radiofrequency to heat deeper structures of the skin is well established. Side effects are rare but can include redness, swelling, and blister formation.
- Versatility: unlike lasers, the Thermage procedure can be performed on all skin types and colors. Additionally, the procedure can be done year round as avoidance of the sun following treatment is not necessary. Finally, Thermage can be used in conjunction with most other cosmetic procedures such as Botox or chemical peels.
What kind of results can one expect following Thermage?
Thermage can be performed on any body part that one desires skin tightening: face, eyelids, neck, arms, inner thighs, buttocks, tops of knees, etc. While the Thermage does not replace the traditional “facelift”, it does provide significant benefits for those that are not ready for surgery.
Patients that have underwent Thermage report:
- Flatter, smoother skin
- Tightening, firming, and lifting
- Softened wrinkles above the knees
- Reduction of crepey skin
- Smoothed dimples and improvement in appearance of cellulite
Every patient is different and results can vary. Some patients notice minimal improvement hile others report significant change. The results can be visible within days but usually increase over time.
Intense Pulsed Light™
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL™) skin treatments, using the photo rejuvenation process, represents a breakthrough in age-defying skin care. This new technique for skin care treats skin damage – there is no disruption of the skin’s epidermal surface. Intense Pulsed Light treatments address the effects of photoaging and sun damage with low risk of complications and no recovery time. Intense Pulsed Light is the “gold standard” for photorejuvenation. It produces global improvement in several areas of photoaging especially irregular dark pigmentation and blood vessels or noninvasive improvement in brown and red discoloration of the skin. This FDA-cleared, patented technology provides dramatic results for blemished skin.
CoolTouch treatment uses a unique type of laser energy that is applied in a series of gentle pulses over the treatment area. Using a patented technology, a cooling mist protects and cools the surface of the skin. Laser energy passes through the surface and is absorbed in the layers of the skin where collagen is produced. This triggers a repair mechanism that helps your body begin to rebuild collagen to repair acne scars. Normally this requires monthly treatments for six to seven months, and it takes about a full year to see improvements in scarring. There is no down time with this treatment.
The SkinPen® Precision system is the only FDA cleared microneedling device used to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up. With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment.
The SkinPen® microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin. Several benefits of having this procedure are:
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, our physicians could apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take 30 minutes to one hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications.
The CoolSculpting procedure eliminates stubborn fat safely and effectively, without surgery or downtime. This fat reduction treatment is the only FDA-cleared procedure to use controlled cooling to safely target and eliminate diet- and exercise-resistant fat. CoolSculpting results are proven, noticeable, and lasting, so you’ll look and feel great from every angle.
Freeze away fat? It comes down to science. Fat cells freeze at higher temperatures than surrounding tissues. CoolSculpting technology safely delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. The treated fat cells are crystallized (frozen), and then die. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you.
You can reshape your body! We will develop a customized CoolSculpting treatment plan that addresses your problem areas. Additional sessions may further enhance your results. Your individualized treatment plan will be tailored to your body, your goals, and your budget.
It’s easy to sit back, relax and say goodbye to stubborn fat. After we select the area(s) to be treated, the device is positioned on your body and controlled cooling is applied. During your procedure, you may choose to read, check email, or even take a nap.
The CoolSculpting fat freezing procedure is completely non-surgical, so you can typically return to work and normal activities immediately.
You will like what you see. In the weeks and months following your procedure, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good.
Are you ready to love every view of you? The sooner you set up your consultation, the sooner you’ll see results in the mirror—long-term results in those areas that have resisted all efforts through diet and exercise. Contact us today to find out if the CoolSculpting fat freezing procedure is right for you.
Results and patient experience may vary.
Check out this clip from the TODAY Show when their ladies put CoolSculpting to the test: