What to Expect at Your Appointment
Patients and Friends of Total Skin & Beauty Dermatology Center:
We would like to thank all who have helped us push through the difficulties associated with the COVID-19 crisis. Our main office, Cosmetic & Aesthetic Center and all satellite locations are currently open.
The safety of our patients has always been our #1 priority and in the continued COVID-19 environment, we will continue to uphold current social distancing guidelines. We will also be implementing new health and safety standards as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). We would like to share several measures to be expected in our offices:
- Directional signage and floor markers will be present throughout the building for check-in/check-out, waiting room access and other areas of the clinic.
- All patients and caregivers will be required to check in with a nurse for a temperature and symptom check. If temperature is 99.8°F or greater, or flu-like symptoms are present, patients/visitors will be referred to their PCP for evaluation and the appointment will be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date.
- Additional visitors are not allowed in the office with a patient – unless it is a caregiver (defined as a parent/guardian of a child, someone assisting a special needs or immobile patient; not the driver). Should additional visitors come to the office, they will be asked to wait in their car.
- Every person entering the office must wear a face mask, including children 2 years of age and older.
The following masks are prohibited: open bottom face coverings (scarves, handkerchiefs and bandanas) and valve masks. Gaiters are allowed at this time. If you are wearing either of these masks or do not have a mask of your own, we ask that you purchase a surgical mask in our Market located on the 1st floor near the elevator, to wear while in our facility or during your appointment, or you may reschedule your appointment for a later date. Please visit this link for additional information on masks which are prohibited at this time.
After checking in, accompanying guests of surgical patients will be instructed to wait in their car. Cell phone numbers will be obtained and updates given periodically regarding the patient.
- After every patient visit, staff will thoroughly disinfect all surfaces (iPads, pens, clipboards, credit card terminals, counters and all treatment rooms).
The Providers and staff at Total Skin & Beauty Dermatology Center appreciate the trust you place in us to care for your skin care needs. We encourage our patients to stay informed, practice social distancing, and stay safe and well.