Our offices will re-open Monday, May 18th. Please read below for what to expect at your next visit.
Patients and Friends of Total Skin & Beauty Dermatology Center:
We would like to thank all who have helped us push through the difficulties associated with the COVID-19 crisis. We look forward to seeing our patients in person. Therefore, beginning May 18, 2020, we will begin to see patients in our main office and satellite locations.
The safety of our patients has always been our #1 priority and in the continued COVID-19 environment, we will continue to uphold current social distancing guidelines. We will also be implementing new health and safety standards as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). We would like to share several measures to be expected over the next few weeks in our offices:
- Directional signage and floor markers will be present throughout the building for check-in/check-out, waiting room access and other areas of the clinic.
- All patients and caregivers will be required to check in with a nurse for a temperature and symptom check. If temperature is 100° F or greater, or flu-like symptoms are present, patients/visitors will be referred to their PCP for evaluation and the appointment will be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date.
- Additional visitors are not allowed in the office with a patient – unless it is a caregiver (defined as a parent/guardian of a child, someone assisting a special needs or immobile patient; not the driver). Should additional visitors come to the office, they will be asked to wait in their car.
- Per the City of Birmingham’s Face Mask Requirement, every person entering the office must wear a face covering, including children 2 years of age and older. Should a mask not be present, our office will have them available for purchase for $1 each or patients have the option to reschedule the appointment.
- After checking in, accompanying guests of surgical patients will be instructed to wait in their car. Cell phone numbers will be obtained and updates given periodically regarding the patient.
- After every patient visit, staff will thoroughly disinfect all surfaces (iPads, pens, clipboards, credit card terminals, counters and all treatment rooms).
The Providers and staff at Total Skin & Beauty Dermatology Center appreciate the trust you place in us to care for your skin care needs. We encourage our patients to stay informed, practice social distancing, and stay safe and well.